Welcome to !
www.iraceonline.com

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IRON GSC Christmas Special Event

Discussion in 'R4F' started by Sergio Marques, Nov 28, 2013.

?

We will race with?

Poll closed Dec 4, 2013.
  1. Formula Reiza

42.9%
  2. Formula Classic

57.1%
  1. Fleming R

Fleming R Active Member
    Forum User

2. RSV

RSV Guest

Can't join the race tonight, when signing up i didn't realized i have a F3 race in another league:confused: . Really sorry, will try to join another time.
    Good races all!

3. Ricardo Torres

Forum User

Sorry guys, front aero damage, and lack of focus. it was pointless to keep going like that.
    Thanks for the set Noel and Sergio. Cheers

4. Sergio Marques

Sergio Marques Well-Known Member
    Forum User

I'm not a big of real F1 races on this track, but I really like driving on it, with it's night atmosphere.

Congrats to Flem, thanks to all who joined and the wish of a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.

noel spence and Fleming R like this.
  5. noel spence

noel spence Active Member
    Forum User

nice race for me , all my races this year have been nice fun always battling with someone this time it was fleming ,but when he got past i could not pull him back , with serg not far behind cheers to all who turned up , have a merry xmas and good new year, on a sour note i still have no response from fanatec for a new load cell ,lucky i had a spare

Fleming R and Sergio Marques like this.
  6. Ricardo Torres

Forum User

Forgot to wish you all a very good Christmas with your families and a 2014 full of success, in/out of the virtual tracks.

Noel: the load cells have a short period of life (at least with me) but they always replaced mines for free and quickly.

7. Fleming R

Fleming R Active Member
    Forum User

Damn these cars are great...and even though we weren't many last night, it was one hell of a race :) being uncautious, I spun on the second lap, and found myself down in the back of the bus...when I got back up to speed, I had almost 7 secs up to Steve. After a couple of laps I was on his tail, and just when I was preparing to overtake him, Ricardo had gone off the track, and that confused Steve i think, 'cause he didn't put up a fight. When I passed Steve, I had app 6 secs to Sergio, and it took some laps to catch him ( nice driving there Serge ). He did the right thing, and took some of my speed away, so I was stucked behind him for longer than I wanted o_O but eventually I made the pass, and now it was only Noel in front...The gap was app 9 secs I think, and it was clear, that Noel would be the hardest "nut to crack". From this point on, it was sheer fun :) After some laps ( felt like an eternity ) I caught up with Noel, and was aiming to put some pressure on...but then Noel made a small braking error, and I tapped the back of his car, and spun him :eek: Not wanting to be unfair, I waited and let him pass, and then re-applied the pressure...but...same thing happened again, this time I might have been a little too close, but same procedure ; Noel spun, I waited :) Finally I made a clean pass, just to have Noel pass me back on the next straight ( great driving there mate ), but the intensity of the battle must have gotten to Noel, 'cause during the next lap, I managed to overtake him, and to my surprise the gap opened very fast 'till like 3-4 secs, and from then on I just focused on keeping thing clean and neat, ending app 8 secs in front after 33 eventful laps :)
    A big thank you, to those who showed, nice, fast, clean racing there from everyone.
    Merry Christmas, and a happy new year to you guys, and also to my fellow admins, moderators and everyone else at IRON, I'm looking forward to many great races in 2014 :D

noel spence and Sergio Marques like this.
  8. noel spence

Forum User

at last they respond to me this morning ricardo , and they send me a new one:)

Fleming R likes this.
  9. Steve Sperry

Steve Sperry Member
    Forum User

I had problems with penalties again here and ruined the race because of it. After serving 4 drive throughs (must have been for corner cutting as I lost control a few times)I was eventually DQ'd for ingorning a "Stop and Go" yet I dont remember the SIM informing me I needed to stop too. Very frustrating and would value some advice on how to monitor and understand a penalty during race? Although I was concentrating on catching folks up I don't think I missed an on screen message. Just penalty symbol popped up and the need to serve a drive through penalty. Do I just not know the SIM well enough or is this a glitch. Ive failed to finish two races out of three now and beginning to get a little frustrated.

Any help/advice would be valued.

10. Fleming R

Fleming R Active Member
    Forum User

Wish I could help you Steve, but I don't think there's a special warning for penalties. I believe it is expected that you see the little red thingy in the corner, even though it's not very clear. I have to admit, that I haven't yet had a penalty in GSC, but if it's the same as rFactor, the red thing is all you get... I'll test it later, and report here what I find... Merry Xmas btw :)

11. noel spence

Forum User

maybe you jumped the start steve and got to caught up in the race and you did not stop for one of your warnings in time , i have been dq for that before

12. Steve Sperry

Steve Sperry Member
    Forum User

THanks Guys, I had no problem recognising I had a penalty the problem I had was that it didn't tell me it was stop and go. I had driven through the Pits 4 times before it DQ'd me. I think the penalty was for some corner cuts Noel.

Anyway Guys, the first 22 laps were great :D, I just need to concentrate harder maybe ;)

Guys, I hope you all enjoy a fantatsic Xmas and New Year, and I will look forward to seeing you all in Monaco!

Take care Folks.