Welcome to !
www.iraceonline.com

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user. Sign up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Seat?

Discussion in 'Game Stock Car' started by Steve Sperry, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Steve Sperry

Steve Sperry Member
    Forum User

Hello Guys

Hope you have all enjoyed a relaxing weekend. As I am a big believer in there being no substitute for experience I'm here again seeking advice.

Before the end of March I will be looking to upgrade my rig. As I already own a set of CSR Elite Pedals I've decided to match it with a CSR Elite Wheel, Gearshift and Formula Rim. My dilema then will be what Seat to put that lot onto or into. Thats where you Guys can help. What rigs are you running, and most important what kind of seats do you have them attached to? Most important, in your experience what should I be looking for considering I will also need a good amount of lumbar support. My budget isn't massive so a solid seat that doesn't leave me feeling like I need to learn to walk again after a long race would be ideal. Fanatec produce the CSL Seat EU, which looks like a good entry level performer and as all other products would be Fanatec too it would make sense. However InsideSimRacing reviewed the seat and one of the "cons" was that it didn't provide much lumbar support due to the design.

So Guys, any and all advice is welcome, I should probably also state Im 6' 3" and not skinny so a robust design would be for the best I reckon ;)

See you all Tuesday in Italy :cool:

Steve

2. noel spence

noel spence Active Member
    Forum User

hey steve there are that many options out there i would not like to point you in any direction as i am not sure , have a look at my avater and you will see mine is quite basic, if you have a mate that can weld and get the dimensions right for you , and a nice comfy seat you cannot go to wrong from there , unless your loaded and go for the ultimate then go for the simvibe rig with all the bells and whistles

3. Steve Sperry

Steve Sperry Member
    Forum User

Cheers Noel

I'm definitely not gonna have megabucks to spend. Im just looking to fix tv to wall and have a half decent seat sat in from of it. Someone from RD put me on to GT Omega? THey arent too pricey, or there is the Fanatec CSL Seat for 300 quid. My only concern with that one is comfort. Maybe you're right I should make the effort and create my own, but will need to wait til my home is finished. I qualified as a welder in my first job from school so perhaps i should consider finding those skills again.
    Thanks again and if you have any other ideas I'd love to hear them.

4. Sergio Marques

Sergio Marques Well-Known Member
    Forum User

5. Steve Sperry

Steve Sperry Member
    Forum User

Blimey Sergio, I ain't got room for that lol! Very impressive though. By the time my home is finished I doubt if I will have the time or energy for building. GT Omega do a decent rig for about 350 quid that I can fit a good size monitor to, I reckon thats what I will end up with until I do have the time to build something that fits better. I have a nice corner of the spare bedroom which the Omega will fit nicely into. That will have to do for now, but will be the end of March before I get it.

Pirates hat off to you for that build though Sergio ;)

Sergio Marques likes this.
  6. Sergio Marques

Sergio Marques Well-Known Member
    Forum User

Thanks Steve.